Re: Mplayer in Fedora Core 3

Am So, den 12.12.2004 schrieb Wong Kwok-hon um 19:09:
> Hi all!
>
> I can only playing avi and mpeg file in mplayer because mplayer hang
> and I found it displayed "segmentation error" when I playing the WMV
> or ASF file.
>
> Would any extra action after I installed the rpms ?

You might need to do the following:

1. Edit /etc/sysconfig/prelink and change

PRELINK_OPTS=-mR
PRELINK_OPTS="-mR âno-exec-shieldâ

2. touch /var/lib/misc/prelink.force

3. /etc/cron.daily/prelink
This relinks all the applications, and it takes quite a while.

4. execstack -s /path/to/mplayer
This turns off exec-shield for the mplayer binary.

That did the trick for me and stopped the segmentation fault with .wmv

Regards
Markus