Re: Nautilus CD Burning Woes

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 12:11 -0600, Terry Linhardt wrote:
> Steve Fink wrote:
>
> >Steve,
> >
> >Thanks for the response.
> >
> >I currently have SELinux disabled.
> >
> >Best,
> >
> >Steve F.
> >

> >On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 10:28 -0600, Steve Bergman wrote:
> >

> >>I had a problem burning CD's after I installed FC3.  I can't remember
> >>the exact symptoms, but unchecking "enforcing" in the System Security
> >>Level Selinux configuration "fixed" it for me.
> >>
> >>-Steve Bergman
> >>

> Steve,
> Is this to say that SELinux is disabled and you still experience the
> problem? I infer that it has been disabled all along. Is that correct?
>
> Also, I will state that I had a similar problem with DVD burns.
> Sometimes they would burn, sometimes not. (Like you, I was using
> Nautilus) Sometimes it would take several "retries". As it worked out, I
> was almost out and had to buy a new supply of DVDs. Different brand. I
> NEVER had the problem again with the different brand. Go figure.
>
> Terry

Terry,

Yes, SELinux has been disabled since the install. I have the same
spindle of CD-R's that I used through FC1 & FC2.  They worked fine in
the same CD-RW drive before FC3.  I've pulled the media that Nautilus CD
Burn believes is not blank and put it in another CD-RW drive and burnt
it.

I've tried it several times over and over, ejected the media, re-
inserted, etc.

Still no Joy.

Thanks again,

Steve