Re: Wisetech PS/2 scroll mouse

John Aldrich wrote:
On Thursday 09 December 2004 12:08, Thomas Taylor wrote:

Tell you the truth, I'm scared of FUBARing my system so I haven't tried
that yet. I guess I will have to give that a shot and see how that works.
*sigh*

Hi John:

When you edit grub.conf, make a complete new section with the proto
statement in it like below.  That way you can always have a clean boot to
fall back on in case.

[snip]
Thanks. That's not what I'm worried about... I'm worried about writing it back to the boot sector... I don't recall where it goes by default, and like an idiot, when I last tried it, I screwed up and had grub write itself to the wrong place and my RH9 box wouldn't boot any more... without a boot floppy, that is. :-)

grub, unlike lilo, does not need to be reinstalled every time you edit its configuration file. Just make the edits and reboot.

Paul.