Re: printing recto verso

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 05:41:10PM +0100, hicham wrote:
> Hello,
>   this may appear out of subject, I would like to
> print a  postscript document of 170 pages recto verso
> for the sake of economy in a simple Hp laserjet 1100
> printer.

Its not clear to me exactly what you want here.  What is "recto verso"
in English?

I'm guessing that you want to do double sided printing (print opn both
sides of a piece of paper) and the printer you have does not have that
capability.

I have done this in the far distant past.  I used a shell script and
postscript utilities to generate two print commands that each generated
print jobs with every other page, one with even pages, one with odd
pages.  You than have to collect the output of the first job (odd pages)
flip the stack over and print the second job(even pages).

I have forgotten which postcript utilities allow you to do this, but that
is the general idea.

--
Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"