Re: Nautilus in Browser mode by default?

> > selct your start button (bottom left corner)
> > goto -->System Tools --> Configuration Editor
> >
> > select apps--> Nautilus-->Preferences
> >
> > look for the key named "always_use_browser"
> > select the box next to always_use_browser to enable it.
> > read the message in the dialog box below after you enable it

here's some insight on spatial and browser mode, and a command to
accomplish the same thing.

Their explanation makes sense, and i gave spatial a try, and my only
problem is that it spawns so many windows, and once it records the
geometry of a folder (length x width + X + Y), it will always follow
it.  I changed to browser mode, and fixed a geometry (600x400+0+0) by
editing the icon that I use to launch nautilus most often.  My only
problem with this is that i lost some neat things from spatial view,
and the toolbar, if i could make it smaller or remove it completely
that would be awesome :-)

--
-Dragos
Get Firefox! http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/