Re: udev - palm - usb

El jue, 09-12-2004 a las 13:40 -0700, Craig White escribió:
> # ls -l /dev/ttyUSB* /dev/pilot
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  root      7 Dec  9 13:25 /dev/pilot -> ttyUSB1
> crw-rw----  1 root  uucp 188, 0 Dec  9 13:25 /dev/ttyUSB0
> crw-------  1 craig uucp 188, 1 Dec  9 13:25 /dev/ttyUSB1

You did not specify if you deleted /dev/pilot, as I told you. udev MUST
create this files.

But that was the difficult part. Now comes to easy. If udev has created
the necessary files, and gpilotd is not syncing, gpuilotd is your
problem. Second reason: dlpsh and your other program are working
with /dev/pilot.

I have gpilot-applet on my taskbar. I use configure my palm from there.
If any error occurs, I use

# killall gpilot-applet gpilotd

so the applet reloads and gpilotd starts again. If you do not kill this
apps, and there is a gpilotd pid, you'll never sync.

Check your gpilotd configuration. Probably the error is there.

--
Rodolfo Alcazar (rodolfo.alcazar@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Administrador datos y red - Padep/GTZ