Re: Fedora Update RPMs

Rich Burroughs wrote:
> You don't have to leave a gig of updates stitting around to use yum,
> that's not required. Look at the man page:
>
> http://linuxcommand.org/man_pages/yum8.html
>
>   yum clean packages
>
> or
>
>   yum clean all
>
> And you can use up2date without saving the packages after they are
> installed.

Yup. But on the other hand, I've got plenty of space in /var, and a
morbid curiosity as to how big this directory will grow...

I probably ought to bugzilla that against anaconda. Can anyone think of
a good reason to leave FC2 updates in /var/cache when upgrading to FC3?
Should anaconda clear them out anyway?

The point is not that it's easy to clear out /var/cache, but that it's
the sort of thing that shouldn't be necessary: where reasonable, a
system should be able to look after itself.

Fedora users shouldn't have to know that command.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ...a probably apocryphal bilingual sign in darkest
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | North Wales. In English it says "70mph" and in Welsh