Re: public blacklists

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 06:07, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 02:38, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> > On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 02:01, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > > I am looking forward to upgrading to Spamassassin 3.0 as quite a few
> > > spam messages are getting through now, even with Bayesian filtering.
> >
> > Yes, same here -- until I implemented greylisting. I found that I could
> > also detect the "false cleans" by pulling in loads of RulesDuJour, but
> > that was a bit too much load for my tiny & old mail server...
>
> My Spamassassin setup is simple. I don't even have any additional rules.
> (what's RulesDuJour??)
>
> I just train it based on whatever spam I receive. works well for my 1
> user needs.

Rulesdujour is the script used by rulesemporium to update the extra rule
sets that they have.  You can set it up to run automatically or you can
run it manually as needed.  They have some very good rules sets that
help increase the score on spam.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid@xxxxxxxxxx

Kinkler's First Law:
	Responsibility always exceeds authority.

Kinkler's Second Law:
	All the easy problems have been solved.