Re: Resize root partition FC2?

On Thursday 09 December 2004 02:19, Eric Scott wrote:
>         ANYway, what can I do to easily resize the root partition to use
> the remaining HD space that I have? Fedora Core 2 is the only OS on my
> system (my documents are on another partition) Should I just run the
> installer off the CD in *upgrade* mode (fc2 to fc2 that is) and resize
> with disk druid? (I assume disk druid lets you resize... I've only ever
> resized with Mandrake's utilities)

Assuming one partition:
Boot from rescue
Preferably, backup:-)
e2fsck -a -f /dev/hda1
fdisk /dev/hda
# delete partition 1, create a new primary parition
resize2fs /dev/hda1

You can resize a partition to use free space immediately "above" it.
You cannot combine partitions.
You cannot resize a partition to use free space below it or disjoint.

If you're using LVM this is all nonsense:-)

--

Cheers
John Summerfield