Re: iproute2

Hi!

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
I would like to use a network card with 2 IP addresses assigned like:
ip addr add 10.0.2.1 dev eth0
ip addr add 192.168.2.1 dev eth0
How do I do it with the fedora network scripts in /etc/sysconfig/net*? Or should I use a custom init script?

For you no loop is needed:

    if [ ${DEVICE} = "eth0" ]; then
	ip addr add 192.168.2.1 dev eth0
    fi

Not the best way to change system scripts which may be overridden next
update of initscripts rpm i.e. But actually there is no mechanism to use
iproute2 style in existing configuration files.

Thanks for the information, i will create a custom init script then. I hope this feature will be integrated to fedora soon.
--
Zizi