Opinion: Evolution's days on Fedora Numbered?

This is just a thought I have had. I remember reading a while back that RH bought the rights to the old Netscape Server code. FC3 includes Fire Fox and Thunder Bird. I wonder if this is an attempt to eventually wean RH from Evolution which is now controlled by Novell. After-all, if the Netscape Server works well, which it seems to since it was once quite popular, then FF and TBird, combined with the fledgling Sunbird (which I'm sure will grow up quickly) could be another option for Linux Users, as well as Windows users. I think cross platform applications are really a good thing for Browsers, Email, etc.

I searched on the develepors list for Fedora and didn't find anything to back up this thought. I'm sure other people have thought of this before me. I personally think it could be a good thing, but I'm curious to know what other people think.

I think we might start to see a real separation between Fedora/Ubuntu/Debian and NLD because of the potential conflict over Evo and also over Mono. Red Hat seems to be against Mono because of the potential for conflict with M$. Novell, which controls Ximian and thus has a lot of influence on the direction of GNOME, has decided to go after it full force. I wonder if this could lead to an eventual split in the GNOME community, since apps like Beagle are being written specifically to run on top of Mono. This is a great new technilogy that FC can't take advantage ofm unless installed as a 3rd party rpm. You can bet that Evolution will eventually incorporate .NET. Are we looking at a split here?

--andy