Re: Thunderbird Not Running Filters on Incoming POP

Andrew Choens wrote:
> When you make a filter you can apply it to your "local folders" OR to an
account. The default is to make it apply to "local folders". But, not all filters get auto-run this way. To be sure your filter will be automatically run, you have to assign it to an account. This is fine, but poorly documented. I don't understand why they make the distinction. But, they do.

I had the same problem, that's why I mentioned it :) I don't understand the reasoning behind the design either, but the filters did not execute on the incoming mail when I used the default "local folders" setting. When I found the POP account listed on the pulldown menu and tried it they worked fine.

Rich