Procmail problems - dovecot and postfix

I decided to go with postfix and dovecot to solve my imap server overlaod
problems. They arte mcuh fast, no doubt about it, and install easily.
However, when I install procmail, which I use for all my mail filtering, I
can't get delivery to mailboxes, with the exception of the INBOX.

Here's the basic .procmailrc

	MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir

	#Set on when debugging
	VERBOSE=yes

	#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
	PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail

	LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

	# Send everything to default
	:0
	$MAILDIR/

And this works fine. The procmail log say

procmail: Notified comsat:
"masonc@0:/home/masonc/Maildir/new/1102459927.1751_0.munster.mason.home"

Howver, if I change the lst line to

	$MAILDIR/.ChrisMail

The procmail log says
procmail: Notified comsat:
"masonc@0:/home/masonc/Maildir/.ChrisMason/msg.llvS"
And creates a file that is not recognized by the imap server.

Any ideas?

Chris Mason