Re: FC2 -> FC3 upgrade question

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> This is a Fedora user list and if you like any other distribution more
> than Fedora share your fever on it's list or forum. Sorry, it simply
> s*cks to read your "Debian here, Debian there".

Alexander, I very rarely disagree with you, but I think you're being a
little harsh.

I've taken a look at Mr. Summerfield's postings during December. There
are times when he is a little abrasive, but that's another matter which
has been discussed elsewhere.

Yes, he mentions Debian a lot, but he is always on topic: sometimes they
*do* do things better. Sometimes the comparison is worthwhile.

I haven't seen John plug Debian for the sake of it, only when he feels
that it might fit the user better than Fedora.

Of course, Fedora is not necessarily the best distribution for every
purpose, otherwise you wouldn't write messages like
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-November/msg02979.html
(correctly) stating that if one wants a longer lifetime, one can look to
RHEL or one of the recompiled versions.

Or is there something I'm missing?

Personally, I feel Unix users should know when they're using something
vendor-specific: that way they can expect it to break when they switch
vendors. I use Fedora because it is a very good implementation of Linux
and Unix.[1]

James.

[1] Trademark issues aside...

--
E-mail address: james | grasshopotomaus:
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | A creature that can leap to tremendous heights...