From: Nathaniel Hall
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 2:52 PM
Subject: Re: Login attacks

I see attempts about every other day.  Because of this, I send e-mails to

ISPs about every other day.

Ok, this brings up a question I have.  I, too, have emailed the responsible
parties for the offending addresses.  Korea and China usually are the
countries from which the IP addresses are allocated.  Has ANYONE ever
received a  reply back?  I never have.  I am beginning to suspect that the
attacks are done with the tacit approval of those networks.