Re: libcurl.so.2

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 22:08 +0100, Colin Brace wrote:
> mike wrote:
>
> > seems that i've tried a few different applications that are dependent on
> > libcurl.so.2
>
> A quick & dirty fix that works for me is to simply create a symbolic link:
>
>    ln -s /usr/lib/libcurl.so.3 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.2
>
> YMMV

Quick and dirty indeed; even assuming that this doesn't break over the
API change that caused the version change, this won't add libcurl.so.2
to the RPM database and hence RPM will still complain about the missing
libcurl.so.2 dependency. So, to work around that you need to force-
install the RPM. Do *that* a few times and you might as well forget
RPM's dependency management altogether and just keep your fingers
crossed that the system keeps working.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>