syslogd stops functioning after logrotate?

I have a number of Fedora Core 3 servers, on all of which syslogd seems to _stop_ logging after a time. I believe that it stops after a logrotate. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, I will create a bug for it.

Do a 'ls -la /var/log/messages' and look at the last date it was written to and also the file size. If the file size is "0" then it is likely that syslogd is not functioning and you will have to do 'killall -HUP syslogd'.

The only thing specific I can think of about my configurations is I typically turn compression on and alter rotate to be 999 in logrotate.conf .

Peter