Re: [OT] anyone with domain hosting recommendations?

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 10:46:18AM -0500, Doug Stewart wrote:
> Ed Wilts wrote:
> >I've got the www.mnbasset.org domain hosted on http://www.vizaweb.com.
>
> What OS do they host on?  The site has beaucoup Sun hardware advertised
> on it...

It's RHEL 3 ES on Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (/proc/cpuinfo reports 4 CPUs
so I think that there are 2 physical cpus with hyperthreading turned on).

> Also, I'm assuming that there's support for Perl/PHP in order to allow
> for *AMP applications (would it be "SAMP" on Solaris?).  Is that the case?

Absolutely.  There are also a bunch of apps you can install through
their cPanel Pro and Fantastico interfaces - things like gallery,
coppermine, phprojekt, mailman, etc..  You can also get shell access if
you ask for it (by default it's disabled).  It's pretty full-featured
from what I can tell.  You can get stats via webalizer, analog, and/or
awstats.  They have pop, imap, and webmail interfaces as well as mail
forwarding.  I haven't found anything yet that I wanted to do but
couldn't.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA