Re: libcurl.so.2

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, mike wrote:

> I downloaded that rpm and let file roller do it's thing. no errors or
> anything.
> so i went back to install my program.rpm and let file roller handle that and
> again with the libcurl.so.2 error
>
> other suggestion was to go with progr.src.rpm installation which is ok but i
> didnt' quite know what to type in command line to make that work. no
> installation instructions from the site.
>
> i tried #rpm -ivh program.src.rpm but i'm sure that wasn't right as it didn't
> work.
>
> what should i type please?

For one - check if thse packages are already packaged for FC3 (from
dag/freshrpms/atrpms)

Summary instructions on using .src.rpm

1. setup a non-root build infrastructure. i.e from
http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/

cd ~
cp -a /usr/src/redhat/ rpmbuild
echo '%_topdir %(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild' >> .rpmmacros

2. Now build the .src.rpm

rpmbuild --rebuild foo.src.rpm

<if build dependency errors - install the required pacakges - with yum
as 'root' - and try again>

If the compile goes without errors - the compiled rpm will be in
~/rpmbuild/RPM/i386

Satish