Re: Experience with ATRPMS repository?

Mark Haney wrote:

Actually, it wasn't in k3b-mp3.  There was a problem with id3tag or some
other library.  Honestly I simply don't remember which one it was, it
was late last night and I was dead tired.  I do know I had to blow it
away and install a patched library file as this library kept k3b from
seeing the mp3 plugin.  I know this isn't a lot of info, but I simply
don't remember which one it was that I needed to deal with.

Same issue with me.

I spent hours removing *.at rpm's that had me involved in dependency loops. I had documented some of it but got frustrated and tired of the whole process that I just gave up trying to track what depended on what. It was a mess. I finally got things working and my notes were such a mess that I didn't have anything to submit as a bug but my complaints about the mess. It is hard to submit bugs when there are so many packages that have to be removed and replaced.

My feelings are, when I have to remove multiple packages due to dependency headaches to install one package from another distro, then there is a problem.

In general. When atrpms works as well as Dag or freshrpms, I will consider it again.

--
Robin Laing