Masquerading on FC3

I'm trying to get an FC3 box with route for my Sharp Zaurus. When I plug the Zaurus into the FC3 box, I can get connectivity by typing these two commands on the FC3 box:

ifconfig usb0 192.168.129.200 netmask 255.255.255.255 up
route add -host 192.168.129.201 usb0

After this I can ssh back and forth, etc. But when I try any howto I have found on getting the FC3 box to route fpr the Zaurus, I end up taking the FC3 machine off the net. After that "iptables -F" does not get me back online, so I reboot and then all is well again.

Can anybody tell me what the correct commands would be on FC3, or perhaps what is different vs. other or earlier iptables implementations that the instructions I have found were written for?

Related to this, I'd appreciate any information on how to make all of this happen automatically via hotplug. I've googled for that as well and apparently for some folks simply adding a script at /etc/hotplug/usbdnet will do it, but under FC3 this script is ignored.

Frank.