Re: ATTN SELF-STYLED LIST POLICE (was RE: Mr. Day)

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 18:00, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> The first time someone fires up 'yum update,' they will find that their
> e-mail traffic is just a drop in the bandwidth bucket.  The argument
> about HTML mail taking up too much space/bandwidth just don't hold up
> any more.  Relative to web browsing and software updates, e-mail is
> inconsequential.

I can choose or to run "yum update" or not; if I choose to do so, it's because
I expect some benefit to me from doing so.

In fact, I've not done so because my FC system is currently not important
enough to me.

On the other hand, I - and many others - volunteer our time.

We have asked for people to _not_ post HTML to this list, for reasons that
seem good to us.

I have no concerns about HTML between consenting adults, but I do not consent.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield