Re: Repository conflicts and new smart package manager

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Erik Kjær Pedersen wrote:

> Søndag 05 december 2004 09:11 skrev Dag Wieers:
> > I'm very pleased to be able to announce you a new solution to manage
> > packages and repositories. The new Smart package manager is able to let
> > you use different repositories that were not designed to work together.
> > Which was a recurring complaint on this and many other mailinglists.
>
> Will there be a fedora 2 version too?

I hope so, the pygtk required is too recent at this point and Smart
requires some changes to rpm (or at least its own functionality that
older rpm's do not provide).

I would like to have at least a command line version going back to RHEL3
or even further back if possible. But since it has only be released to the
public on Dec 4, it's too early to expect too much even when it looks as a
finished product already :)

If you're interested to try and fix the things currently lacking to make
it work on FC2, I'm sure Gustavo is interested to add your work.

--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --