Re: IDE controller card and Fedora Core 3

Thanks for the feedback John

I had a look at Clark Connect, but they don't really have anything to offer me. I am attempting to build a cheap Samba file server with large capacity and reasonable redundancy. Throughput isn't an issue, and I don't need any services other than Samba on it.

I can't justify forking out for a new piece of hardware, but have a bunch of components that will do the job if I can get them to play nicely.

From you reply I take it that IDE controllers that use a Promise HPT (HighPoint?) chipset are supported by Linux. Is that the case?

Regards,
Langdon