Re: OT: fighting rbl's

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 19:47 +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> On Saturday 04 December 2004 18:12, James Wilkinson wrote:
> > A typical spam run would be tens of millions of messages.  Spam is
> > generally only economical if it is sent in huge quantities.
>
> I'd not think from a single computer tho.
>
> > They should notice.
>
> --
>
> Cheers
> John Summerfield
> tourist pics: http://environmental.disaster.cds.merseine.nu/

I recently read an article about a guy with a product to sell @ $19.95
( that magic number )  with out much money for advertising he chose
email / spam.  After giving up a few hundred dollars, millions of people
got the message.  He got 2 orders.  With filters getting better all the
time, and results like that, in time it will be hard to find customers
willing to pay to send out spam.  So it hopefully will just go away.

Tim...