Re: OpenOffice ridiculously slow to start on FC3

Mike Klinke wrote:

On Thursday 02 December 2004 17:28, John Lagrue wrote:

If the problem was anything to do with either disk transfer rates
or amount of memory then I would see my disk hammering away flat
out. But as I said in my first email, disc activity stops! So
does CPU activity. OO just sits there for 5 minutes without
displaying any window.

Any other suggestions?

JDL

I saw another post complaining of the same symptoms in past week (your's too?). I also am running a laptop (Sony VAIO, 750MHz) and as you can see below it took about 11 seconds to load to the blank page and exit again with the command shown.

No, that wasn't me.

16:54:11 $ date;ooffice;date
Thu Dec  2 17:28:44 CST 2004
Thu Dec  2 17:28:55 CST 2004

This time reflects the second invocation, not the first (it was near 25 seconds). I have trimmed the spell checker file and I'm using the XFce desktop if that makes a difference.

That's the sort of speed I got with FC 2. Having done a clean install of FC3 the performance has fallen through the floor.

JDL