Re: OpenOffice ridiculously slow to start on FC3

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:37:14 +0000, John Lagrue <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This has been raised before but I have a bad problem with OO on FC3. I
start it...the banner appears and the blue progress bar quickly goes
across to 100% - and then nothing happens for at least 5 minutes.

Nothing to do with swapping or CPU. The CPU load falls to zero, disc
activity ceases.....but no window appears for absolutely ages. The
system doesn't hang up, because all other activities can continue;
browsing, email etc.

This is on an Celeron M320 with 256Mb, 20Gb and 490Mb swap space.

Any ideas?

JDL

As I noted that the system is used about 128M and excluded the cached memory... So it may not enough memory and CPU is also depended....

Ringo

If the problem was anything to do with either disk transfer rates or amount of memory then I would see my disk hammering away flat out. But as I said in my first email, disc activity stops! So does CPU activity. OO just sits there for 5 minutes without displaying any window.

Any other suggestions?

JDL