Re: Power off still failed even acpi=off and apm=off

Wong Kwok-hon wrote:

Hi

I re-installed the Fedora Core 3 with acpi=off and apm=off at
installation prompt.

I typed :linux acpi=off apm=off when install but still failed to power
off the machine with same symptom "power_off call"

How to fix the power off machine problem?

Interesting side note - I have FC3 installed on HP/Compaq nx7000 laptop. When the machine is plugged into the charger, doing a "shutdown" in any of its many forms ("halt" from the command line, "halt computer" from the KDE logout widget causes the machine to go all the way down, power off for about 1 second and then start up again. When it is operating on battery alone, it simply powers down, no restart...

John