Re: Dual boot installation with two disks

A. Lanza wrote:
Hi list,

i have one new machine with 2 hard drives and i'd like to install both
Windows XP and Fedora Linux. 99,9% of the time i use Fedora but,
unluckily, i still need to have XP installed. Having 2 disks, ¿can i
install Fedora in one of them and XP in the other? Will i be able to use
grub to boot the system either from one disk or from another? So far, i
have only experimented with a 1 hard drive dual installation, and
everything has been all right. Well... almost ;)

The reason i've thought doing things this way is because i'd like to
have one entire drive dedicated to Fedora, keeping XP in the other
drive. I also would like to install some other distribution, maybe
dedicating half of the disk space to Fedora and the other half to one
another. Will i be able to do this?

Thanks,

Alf

Grub can boot several installations. I boot 4 seperate installations within two hard disks. (one ms, three linux)

The best setups seem to be obtained from installing individual boot partition for each installation and installing the last installation into /MBR and add chainload instructions for each distribution. (advanced boot options)

Have fun and check the early fedora-list archives for dual booting options and schemes.

Jim

--
We need to teach Linus about "taste" in drivers. His core code taste is
impeccable, but I'm not fond of his driver taste ;)

	- Alan Cox on linux-kernel