Re: FC3: Apache doesn't start after recent update

My apologies. Most of the machines I am working with these days are FC3 but the problem I report below is on a Redhat Enterprise3 server at EV1, so it is not an FC3 problem at all. Just the same, if anybody has any pointers about how to move forward on this problem I'd love to hear them (privately, as this is off-topic for this list.)

Sorry about posting the question here.  Working too hard I guess.

Frank.

I wrote:

I allowed the gui tool to update apache today, and now when I try to start it I get this error:

Starting httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd: relocation error: /lib/libaprutil-0.so.0: undefined symbol: gdbm_errno

I had previously installed php5 but have not made any other changes to it. What is a relocation error, and how does one fix it?

Frank.