Re: How to disable ipchains for sshd

John Aldrich wrote:
It appears that the default firewall rules in FC3 /deny/ ssh access to the system. How do I go about writing rules to permit ssh access? I have maybe 3 or four IP addresses that need to be able to log into my linux box, other than that, no one else needs to be able to access it.

Simplest way: run system-config-securitylevel and select SSH to be a trusted service on the "Firewall options" tab. This will open the ssh port to all IP addresses rather than just the three or four, but the rest of the default iptables settings will be running as normal.

Paul.