Re: Fedora Extras is extra

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 15:21 -0800, Mike Ramirez wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 14:05, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> > > I have heard dags side from dag himself, the technical answer.
> > I haven't heard such thing from Dag. I saw Dag and me talking past each
> > other, and I saw Axel, Michael and Dag agitating.
> >
> It wasn't on a list but ICQ.  I don't think you would see such a thing.
> If Dag allows I can find the logs.
>
> > > I haven't heard from fedora.us on why its process is better,
> > Fedora.US isn't any better or worse than Dag, Axel or Freshrpms.
> >
> > It is one party amongst them and many others more. It's your choice to
> > use the repository you prefer and feel comfortable with.
> >
> > Fedora.Extras shall be run by RH and will primarily be derived from
> > packages now being part of Fedora.US and other repositories.
> >

> My only goal is to get a solution so everyone involved is happy and know
> one feels bad or hurt or anything esle.  Then we can past this bickering
> or if not please then drop the bickering from public view it doesn't
> look good IMO.

Discussion is healthy.  Hiding what is discussed from public view will
not help in any way.

Who cares about the "doesn't look good" attitude.  If I cannot say what
I feel in a forum where others can respond then we lose the freedom to
have realistic discussions and present our views.  If I have to be
'politically correct' and only discuss items and views that look good,
then my views are being censored.

Just because you do not agree with me does not mean your view is better,
nor that mine is better,  They are different and both equally valid.

You are not forced to read this thread, and if you wish can even filter
it out, but it is perfectly valid as a discussion topic.  It is even
exactly "on topic" because it relates to fedora overall.