Re: unable to run the GUI program from the remote Linux server

Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb Dan Trainor - hostinthebox.net um 1:28:

> >>I upgraded to the Fedora 3 several days ago, and I found that there is a
> >>problem when I try to use any GUI programs from a Linux server.

> > Try running ssh with the -Y argument:
> >
> > ssh -Y user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >
> > Thomas

> I think the option you're looking for is -X.

> -dant

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/release-notes/fc3/x86/

-->> openssh
Fedora Core 3 contains OpenSSH 3.9, which includes strict permission and
ownership checks for the ~/.ssh/config file. These checks mean that ssh
will exit if this file does not have appropriate ownership and
permissions.

Therefore, make sure that ~/.ssh/config is owned by the owner of ~/, and
that its permissions are set to mode 600.

In addition, OpenSSH is no longer configured to request X11 forwarding
by default when connecting to servers. To enable X11 forwarding, the -X
or -Y option must be specified, or the ForwardX11 option must be enabled
in the ~/.ssh/config file.

The behavior of ssh clients that are invoked with the -X flag has
changed. In OpenSSH 3.8 and later, X11 forwarding is performed in a way
that applications run as untrusted clients by default. Previously, X11
forwarding was performed so that applications always ran as trusted
clients. Some applications may not function properly when run as
untrusted clients. To forward X11 so that applications are run as
trusted clients, invoke ssh with the -Y flag instead of the -X flag, or
set ForwardX11Trusted in the ~/.ssh/config file.

http://www.openssh.com/faq.html#3.13

-->>
3.13 - I upgraded to OpenSSH 3.8 and some X11 programs stopped working.
As documented in the 3.8 release notes, ssh will now use untrusted X11
cookies by default. The previous behaviour can be restored by setting
ForwardX11Trusted yes in ssh_config.

Possible symptoms include:
BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
X Error of failed request: BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 20 (X_GetProperty)

How often does it have to be noted to be a change coming with FC3
(OpenSSH 3.6 [FC2] -> OpenSSH 3.9 [FC3])?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 02:34:45 up 11 days, 21:22, load average: 0.95, 0.65, 0.48