Re: Iptables and logging to the console

On Tuesday 30 November 2004 17:46, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

>  > How can I stop Iptables logging to the console?  I don't know where else
>  > to look.  Below are my sysctl.conf and syslog.conf files
>
>  With which priority do you let iptables log? In /etc/sysconfig/syslog
>  set for klogd the parameter "-c" with a value higher than your syslog
>  priority for iptables.

Thanks for the reply.  I have checked klogd(8) and this is what I have found:

########  KLOGD(8)  ########
The argument given to the -c switch specifies the priority level of messages
which will be directed to the console.  Note that messages of a priority
value  LOWER than the indicated number will be directed to the console.

So if I am reading this correctly then I would need to set something lower
then what the is set for iptables.  Correct?

Thanks again for the reply.  You have pointed me in a direction I haven't
thought of.

--

Regards
Robert