Re: Does Fedora include Linux?

On 12/01/2004 04:06:08 AM, duck04 wrote:
Hey i just signed up for this cause i wanting to get
into linux based stuff, eventually so i can customize
linux and make my own linux based server. I hear that
RedHat and Fedora are good. So i was wondering does
the Fedora Download include a OS (operating system)
with the download? Such as like Linux?

Yes. Fedora uses the Linux kernel.
It also includes gobs of servers, so you don't have to "make your own" - just install what it comes with.

A good website to check out -

http://www.linuxquestions.org/

They have articles and howtos etc. that you might be interested in reading.

http://www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/

-=-
Welcome to Linux.
My first experience - someone gave me a C++ compiler for Macintosh, but it did not work in OS 8, only 7.6 and below. So I looked for a free compiler, and found out about Linux, which I thought was a program. I looked to see if there was a port for Mac OS and found MKLinux DR3

Rest is history. It's a fun ride.