Re: Does Fedora include Linux?

Am i reading this right? if not i do apologize..

it seems to me that i should point out that the fedora project is an OS.

It can be a server OS
It can be a desktop OS
download fedora core 3 (for the latest) burn all 4 of them to cd's and boot up your computer with cd 1 and it will install an OS (redora) on your computer.
but before you do that I would do a bit more research. Maybe you should experiment with Knoppix a live cd that gives you a complete desktop environment so you can at least begin to acclimate yourself to the linux environment before actually installing fedora on your computer. by the way the knoppix live cd is one cd and it will not write anything to your hardrive so there is no risk of losing data.

mike h

\duck04 wrote:

Hey i just signed up for this cause i wanting to get
into linux based stuff, eventually so i can customize
linux and make my own linux based server. I hear that
RedHat and Fedora are good. So i was wondering does
the Fedora Download include a OS (operating system)
with the download? Such as like Linux?

Also what are the specifications that i would need on
a PC to do this Fedora Project thing?

I'm also looking for some help on this too since i'm
new the Linux stuff. So any help will be greatly
appreciated.

=====
Regards,
Bill