Re: DVD Player

ashwin kesavan iyengar wrote:

Hi,
    From the discussion so far on the list. I understand that fedora
does not ship whith DVD player because of DMCA act of US. Just
curious, then how come Windoz come with DVD player.

Thank you,

with regards,
ashwin

That's a false statement.

XP Home and Pro DO NOT play DVDs out of the box. It even says while installing about Media Player being able to play DVDs ONLY with the installation of a third party decoder.

Once a third party codec is installed (ALA Cyberlink, WinDVD or whatever), only THEN will Media Player play DVDs.

I don't know about Media Centre, but Home and Pro do not come with a DVD MPEG2 decoder.

Regards,
Ed.