Re: OT: fighting rbl's

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 03:40, Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:
> On Die, 2004-11-30 at 08:52 -0500, John Burton wrote:
> > One primary "root cause" has nothing to do with the activities of the
> > system. The original poster mentioned he was on a dialup line, which
> > implies dynamic IP addresses. Many BL providers simply black list
> > dynamic IP addresses as a rule (since much spam does originate from
> > dynamic IP addresses). For this type of setup, its best to use the mail
> > server for the ISP...
>
> I am not on a dialup line and have a static IP, it's just the RBL
> providers incorrectly _assuming_ my IP to be dynamic.

Those mail admins have a solution that they think works for them. The
blacklists I use, AFAIK, don't block IP addresses without confirmation, but I
have no vote in _their_ choices.

Don't suppose they're going to take a lot of notice of your voice; but your
IAP (I presume) offers you a easy solution. I (and others) have already
recommended it.

Use your IAP's mail relay, and stop whinging about the injustice of the world.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield