Re: What happened to gqview

William Hooper wrote:

Guy Fraser said:
[snip]

From the point you seem to be attempting to make, fedora core should
be a basic system with essential software,

That Red Hat is willing to support.

and then you go and get the
extra stuff you want.

From Fedora Extras.

You might want to look again at the terminology page.

http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/terminology.html

Terminology...

Definition of participate in Fedora Core :

Make suggestion = they are ignored.
Provide patches = they are ignored.
Submit bugs = they are ignored.

There appears to be some kind of a pattern, so one must deduce that ;
participate means :
Be ignored and get what the developers want tested for RHEL, anything
else and your out of luck.

Lately I have been hearing about fedora extras and alternatives, but from this URL
it does not appear to be much different than what I suggested. I was actually aiming
for how FreeBSD and Debian are setup, except that they provide a decent way of
getting all the extra bits you want.

The reason I have preferred Redhat is that it has been bundled with binaries that are
supposed to computable. I keep hearing others say, if you want something help out,
then it will be available to others, but the problem is you are at the mercy of the
developers since they have to approve everything, and then they seem to ignore all
requests and submissions from the community.

I guess that calling Fedora Core a community effort is just media spin, because if
you just called a pig a pig, it would have to be referred to as an RHEL developers
testing ground.

Just like there is no "i" in "team", there is no community in Fedora Core.

--
Guy Fraser