PS2 Keyboard and mouse dead in FC3 on Dell Precision 530

Sent this last night, but my registration was apparently not complete and it did not go to the list (not in archive, anyway)>

The i get an error when booting FC3 on a Dell Precision 530 ("i8042.c: Can't read CTR while initializing i8042"). The keyboard and mouse are then "dead" from there on--can't press a key and trigger kudzu before the timeout, can't type a username/password on the X11 login screen, etc. Odd, since they both worked fine all the way through a graphical install, just not with the resulting kernel config. Reading suggests apci/apic problem in i8042.c code, I've tried the suggested noapic and noacpi kernel line parms, but nothing's working. I did include SELinux in "warn" mode in the install, FWIW.

Installed FC1, and everything worked ok. Will try FC1-->FC3 upgrade tonight. Suggestions welcome.

--jake