Re: Fedora and Moneydance install Question

Terry R. Grier wrote:

Markku Kolkka wrote:

Terry R. Grier kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 30. marraskuuta 2004 18:42):

I just installed fedora this week-end. I have not installed
xorg-x11 that I am aware of....

You have a text-only system? Why are you trying to install a graphical program if you don't have the basic GUI installed?

Is this

$ locate libXp.so.6
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6.2
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6
$ rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/lib/libXp.so.6.2
xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-12.FC3.1

The code for doing so?

No, it's the code to find where the "libXp.so.6" causing your error is located and which package provides it.

I am not sure.. what you mean by not having a GUI installed...
I am using gnome and Thunderbird right now.
Are there other 'packages' that I need to install?

I cannot locate this libxp.so.6

How do I go about getting this on my machice?

I found this ... info.
The solution to your problem is adressed in thread 26505. libXp.so.6 is deprecated in Fedora Core 3 but is available in xorg-x11-deprecated-libs-6.8.1-12.i386.rpm on disk 2 of the installation CDs. libXp.so.6 is also required by acrobat reader, which is why I needed it. My thanks to "crackers" for identifying the fix.

and I got the rpm. I installed them updated them.. and moneydance works... thank you.