Re: Contributing code to open-source in EU?

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:40, VJ wrote:
> Hi,
>     I came to know that a legislation in EU says that all my work (even
> the one that I develop at home, in my free time) is owned by my company.
> What do I have to do in case I have something to contribute and I
> developed it in my free time at home.
> VJ

I'm in the UK and I've never heard of such a law. I'm a contractor and
operate as a limited company. My contract specifically states I may work
for other people/companies.

Your manager may have been joking and you took him seriously, but check
your contract and listen to the advice others have given.

If there were such a law then I think many of us would know about it,
the effect would be huge.

Regards

Chris