Re: gnome / simple theme / changing the colors on menus

David L Norris wrote:

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 18:04 -0700, Scott wrote:

I have looked and looked. I can find how to change the background color and the panel color ...but not this option.

Panel color is changed by opening any color picker in any (GNOME or KDE) program, selecting a color, and dragging the color swatch onto the panel. (This works for almost anything, anywhere with selectable colors.) You can set an image by dragging an image to the panel. While dragging the mouse cursor will have a + next to it when you're over something willing to accept the color/image.

You can also right-click an empty spot on a panel and select properties
menu item and then background tab.

As I previously indicated, panel color is one of the options I was already familiar with...... :-)

That's one simple feature that KDE has which is sorely lacking in GNOME. If it's there, I've yet to find it. One probably has to tweak a config file someplace.....

GNOME Configurator will override theme colors:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/cog/cog-0.7.1-2.1.fc3.rf.i386.rpm

Not that version. I have it and there is no such option. I'll look into the newer one...

Scott