Re: Fedora Core 3 sound issues.

Edward Croft wrote:

I upgraded to Fedora Core 3 and have been encountering a couple of
issues with sound. 1st, on reboot sound is muted. I bring up the Volume Control and have to
uncheck mute and readjust the levels. 2nd, when running xmms, if another app makes a sound, it knocks out xmms
(pauses), I have to click on the play icon to get it to play again. This
is annoying when trying to listen to music and someone leaves or signs
on to GAIM, or a message is received. I checked and it is running aRts. What has changed that has farckled my sound?

Edward,
1st) do you have a /etc/asound.state file if so 'alsactl restore' isn't running as per /etc/modprobe.conf.
what I do is in /etc/rc.d/rc.local put '/usr/sbin/alsactl restore' if it works good,if it (the startup.ogg)
stops when KDE boots the desktop,as in mine FC3, I put this in ~/kde/Autostart/alsactl.desktop
[desktop Entry]
Exec=/usr/sbin/alsactl restore
Name=Alsactl
Type=Application