Re: Fedora Extras is extra

Back on the list for this one, too.

Bernd Radinger wrote:

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:11:38 -0500, William M. Quarles <quarlewm@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I use both Planet CCRMA and FreshRPMs for a year and a half.  I've only
had one legitimate conflict (it was last week), and I told Fernando at
Planet and he's on it; but I don't think it actually ever prevented me
from installing or running any other software, it just kept me from
updating that particular package.  He has also been working to
coordinate with Matthias at FreshRPMs.

Been there, done that. Didn't work for me.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, a little more detail would be helpful. They weren't coordinating in the beginning but they are now. From what I understand they are now working on a partial merger if that gives you an idea of what is going on between them.

Too many conflicts between
the packages. Found the well-hidden bugzilla.atrpms.net where more
than 300 bugs and conflicts are documented.

ATrpms is also a Planet CCRMA mirror. Yes, they all really do work together.

----
Peace,
William