Re: USB in FC3 broke?

<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

I'm not going to yell at you for posting a HTML message, but please ask your mail server admin to allow direct posting of plain text messages to this address.  Your message was converted to HTML, which is hard to read in some mail readers.

>   I just upgraded to FC3 from RedHat 9 on my Dell desktop. The mouse does not work and when I do a 'lsusb' it >shows nothing, even though I have a few USB devices on. I'm trying to find a fix that works. Is USB support >simply broken in FC3? What an oversight, if it is.<BR>

Can you unplug and plug in your mouse and look at the output of dmesg.  This program should show if the mouse is recognized by your system and what device was assigned for the mouse.  If you cannot figure out the output, please post approximately the bottom ten or so lines of output from dmesg to the list.

James McKenzie
A Proud User of Linux!