Problems with Fedora and cable modem

I have a problem with my Fedora box and cable modem. I'm not sure if the problem is on my side, or ISP side (Shaw cable). Of course, ISP claims it is not them, what else would you expect ;-)

Basically, what happens is that dhclient obtains IP address for my external interface. Than everything works fine for some period of time (less than a half an hour), and after that I loose all Internet connectivity. If i restart dhclient (for example using "ifdown eth0; ifup eth0"), my PC gets IP address reassigned (in my case, I'm always getting same address, 24.79.220.4), everything works for a while, and than it stops again.

Something like this happened about a month ago, and restarting the interface solved the problem. Yesterday it started to happen again, but this time restarting the interface solves the problem for about a half an hour, and than there it is again...

I have two more interfaces on this Linux box. One is toward my internal network, and another is toward DMZ. Those two have static IP addresses, and everything seems to be working fine with those two.

What I have observed when this happens, is that I can sometimes ping the router on ISP side (24.79.220.1), but nothing else. Sometimes. Sometimes ping to ISP router doesn't work at all, or works partially with large percentage of lost packets (95-99% range).

Anybody else had similar problem?

--
Aleksandar Milivojevic <amilivojevic@xxxxxx>    Pollard Banknote Limited