Re: Q as to Root v other login

Scott wrote:

Scot L. Harris wrote:

Other than that there are
some log files you will want to review on a regular basis but then you
should have roots email redirected to your user account so you can get
the logwatch reports.

However....

I took me two weeks to figure out that the reason I wasn't getting those emails was because they were being sent to root and not forwarded. Thankfully I eventually membered the .forward file and set it up.

SUSE did this for me by default on install. Fedora should too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who was ignorant enough not to know (or remember) that I needed this extra step.

Scott

As to these logwatch reports.... ... Would this be something I should pursue and get set up... even on a my home network? .. I have like 3 computers...hooked up....