httpd symlinks problem

Hi,

At the start of last week, the old webserver went belly up. I've now
installed a new server, copied over the httpd.conf file and changed the
bits I need to change, but there is now a problem

It won't follow symlinks!

On the old system (self compiled version of httpd, 2.0.48), I would have
a symlink in /var/www/html/reelnorth pointing to /web/reelnorth and
httpd would follow the symlink and all was happy.

Now it won't allow me to use symlinks at all.

I have in the config file the following

#Listen
Listen 146.87.55.6:80
Listen 146.87.55.6:81
Listen 146.87.55.6:8060

# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/var/www/html">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
#   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please see
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
#
    Options FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI Multiviews
    XBitHack On
#
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess
files.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
#   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
    AllowOverride None

#
#
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all

</Directory>

# Filters allow you to process content before it is sent to the client.
#
# To parse .shtml files for server-side includes (SSI):
# (You will also need to add "Includes" to the "Options" directive.)
#
AddType text/html .shtml
AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost 146.87.55.6:80

<VirtualHost 146.87.55.6:80>
   ServerAdmin p.f.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   DocumentRoot /var/www/html/reel_north
   ServerName www.reelnorth.co.uk
   ErrorLog logs/reelnorth-error_log
   CustomLog logs/reelnorth-custom_log common
</VirtualHost>

This should do the lot. A symlink in /var/www/html pointing to /web and
all is well. If you point your browsers to http://www.reelnorth.co.uk
you'll see the problem. Nothing which is linked by a symlink works,
including the server side includes.

Has something big changed in httpd?

I need to get the server up and running ASAP, so any help would be
appreciated.

TTFN

Paul
--
"I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram with a Cilla Black fan on
the bike" - Meatloaf