saving sound volume settings

Hiya,

not sure if this is something that has been mentioned before but I'm
having trouble getting my volume levels to stick once FC3 is
restarted/rebooted. I use the Gnome Alsamixer and it is always at volume
0% and muted every time I start up. Not a huge deal but fairly annoying.

Unfortunatly # 'alsactl store' doesnt give me any error messages and
appears to work, although doesnt fix the problem.

Anyone else come across this or found a solution?

Cheers
Niko

Pentium 4 x86
FC3 clean install